Guitar repairs, setups and mods
Precision guitar setups are a specialty at the Guitar Amp Tech’s workshop. Pickup upgrades and guitar mods are done both routinely and with the highest quality of workmanship. “You would be surprised as to how many faults are simply due to poor soldering technique or a simple wiring error”, explains Chris.
“One of the first things I do when a customer brings in a guitar is I’ll watch him play or we’ll have a short jam. I want to see if he’s a string bender, and how far does he bend. Maybe he’s a shredder and tapper, or he likes to pull and pop his notes with his fingers. I’ll set his guitar up accordingly.”
Examples the guitar work performed at the Guitar Amp Tech:
- Truss rod adjustments
- Intonation using a precision Peterson strobe tuner.
- Bridge/saddle profile and bridge height adjustments for a better action
- Pickup balancing of the individual pickup (string-to-string) and between pickups.
- Pickup rewinds (in most cases I will take your work to one of the world’s best pickup makers, Sliders)
- Pickup replacement and wiring mods and improvements. (Ask me about my standard mod for single Tone knob guitars).
- Fret levelling and recrowning
Note: We don’t do refrets on vintage necks. I am happy to refer you to those who are the best in this specialised area.